Why is my approach to therapy different ?


Because it is not simply learned from some dry textbook of case studies. I don’t just talk the talk, I have actually walked the walk.

I grew up in a chaotic home and in later years my dad became a deputy sheriff. I was in my teens and able to witness first-hand what a toll that took on my very empathetic and kind father. I watched and listened to my dad and his close work buddies & family friends as they tried to work through the stresses of their day to day work. I am/was related to or friends with several police officers. I was married briefly to a deputy sheriff and was witness to how he and his fellow officers dealt with their work related stresses.

I had a step-grandfather that was non-verbal most of the time from his undiagnosed PTSD after he was in the Korean war. Among other things he scared the shit out of me just by being in the room. Even at a very young age I recognized that something was very wrong, although I had no idea what. I suffered prolonged bullying throughout my childhood, emotional abuse in a long term relationship, have dealt with countless traumas, including sexual abuse at the hands of someone close to my family. I have suffered a couple of life-altering medical emergencies & endured 12 surgical procedures in 4 years to deal with a breast cancer diagnosis, not including chemotherapy. I’ve survived my own hell on earth.

So yeah, I have a bit of experience in living with and working through trauma. 

I’ve seen counsellors – (didn’t work for me) and found my way to holistic therapies as a way and means to deal with my own shit. And what I discovered along the way was that I have a unique perspective and approach to helping people heal themselves. Combining a lifetime of experiences with cutting edge and profoundly effective therapies, I’ve developed a fully comprehensive program to assist others. AND it works.

I may not be a psychologist or formally trained counsellor, but all my life I have been the one that people come to; to dump, vent, rant and be asked for advice. All of my life I’ve been able to see solutions for them in a very straight line from A to B. I’ve been able to see through the bullshit people put up and cut through it. 

By living and working all my adult life with non-verbal communication and animals, I’ve always been intuitively aware of how to ‘fix’ things. If you think that working with an aggressive or fear reactive dog is nothing and doesn’t relate to working people – then you, my friend, are wrong. 95% of dog aggression issues are  caused by people. In the hundreds of cases of dog aggression that I've worked with, 95% was working with the people who owned the dogs to show them how to channel their thoughts, feelings and attitudes differently. How to help them see things differently and how they could better relate to their dogs. The dogs were the easy part of that equation. 

Working with me allows clients to truly explore the underlying reasons and emotions to their problems, and helps to remove the emotional component of what they are suffering, allowing the mind and body to heal completely. Literally from the inside out.

Working with me will help you move through your issues and give you skills you can use throughout your life. So if you are ready to truly be honest with yourself, and want clear and honest feedback with powerful, self-guided therapies then give me a call. 250-617-5717

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perceptions

Starting Over

Ch..Ch..Changes...